From 11:30 to 5 in Room 202 of the University of Baltimore School of Law, 1401 N. Charles Street. Tentative program follows.
Want to use the law for progressive social change? Feeling underrepresented at law school? Unsatisfied with traditional notions of legal education and lawyering? Join UB-NLG for DIS-orientation!
– Meet other students interested in people’s lawyering and progressive social change
– Attend panel discussions to learn about lawyering for social justice from progressive lawyers in the Baltimore area
– Learn how to keep your values, spirit, and self intact during law school
TENTATIVE PROGRAM- Room 202, University of Baltimore School of Law
11:30am – 12pm – Introduction
– Background/history of NLG
– UB chapter highlights
– Student opportunities
12:00pm – 12:30pm – Lunch (Brief NLG Film)
12:30pm-1:15pm – Purvi Shah, Co-founder of Law4BlackLives
1:15pm-2:00pm – John Nethercut – Executive Director of the Public Justice Center
2:15pm – 3:45pm – Lawyering for the People Panel Discussion
– Matt Zernhelt – Executive Director of the Community Conferencing Center
– Reena Shah – Executive Director of the Maryland Access to Justice Commission
– Matt Hill – Right to Housing Project at the Public Justice Center
– Adam Holofcener – Executive Director of Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
– Jason Downs – Partner at Downs Collins, P.A.
4:00pm – 4:45pm – Student Panel
5:00pm – 7:00pm – Happy Hour at Aloha Sushi, 1218 N. Charles Street